Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Liquid Touch

Yesterday, I went to my friend's swim meet.

Wow.

I’d never been to one. (Yeah to some people that must sound pitiful) It was really amazing! It’s really phenomenal what people can do in the water when they know what they are doing. Watching them reminded me of the sea lions on the coast, who can jet through to water with graceful ease. Really exciting to watch.

My friend, Robin (or Water Drop), is absolutely amazing. She is incredibly fast, coming in first place in every one of her heats. I already knew simply by looking at her that she is a talented swimmer, but I had know idea how fast, yet so elegant, she really is. In the water, she is like a mermaid of old sea tales; beautiful and able to navigate the waters with wonderful motions.

In between her laps, her sister, Rachel and I would sit and chill by the locker rooms and watch the other swimmers….and she would quickly point out who she thought the cutes guys were…but her picks seemed abnormally ugly to me…eh whatever. Anyway her sister is fun to be around; her ironic and sarcastic nature is catchy.

There was this guy there, a swimmer on Robin’s team, that I dubbed “Behemoth”; why? Because he was SIX FOOT TALL AND THREE TIMES MY WEIGHT IN SOLID MUSCLE!! It blew my mind how agile he was in the water despite his enormous size…and I just knew, with my ironic life, that I would SOMEHOW make him really really mad…in which case he would tear me into pieces. But thankfully it did not happen…for which I am thankful.

Anyway, I’m very proud of Robin, and very happy for her…for she has such a good time in the water. She’s won three metal thingies…and she’s going on to some other torment. I’m thinking I’ll watch her there as well; it’s quite interesting watching people (her) in the water.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha, good post...I enjoyed your reflection...especially how you called them seals hahaha