Thursday, December 18, 2008

Silly poet, politics are for the wise

don’t care much for politics…nor politicians.
I don’t put much (if any) stock in man made governments…

But those aside, I live in a man made government.
Run by none other that politicians.

But don’t get me wrong. I like living here.
I respect the laws of society, and do what I can to contribute as a good citizen.
And I believe the U.S. Constitution is an amazing document.

The Constitution was built upon idealistic ideas.
Those ideas are timeless in this world.
But the truth is, this world is not ideal.
The people who live under the guidance of the Constitution are not perfect.

(I also think a supposed “Separation of Church and State” is funny…seeing as how politics is always flirting with religion.)

I was thinking (yeah I do that I occasion): fighting…fighting in another nation across the ocean…for the purpose of “rebuilding and protecting the newly rebuilt nation”. Ok, sounds great. But wait a minute, what about domestic issues? Welfare, unemployment…shouldn’t those be taken care of as well? Instead of piling billions into war, take some of that and use it for domestic purposes.….

The attacks of September 11, 2001 shocked the government…primarily because the U.S. had never before had an attack on the homeland. Naturally the feds were going to take action to try to prevent that sort of thing again. That action was to invade the Middle East where the terrorists were suppose to be. Iraq was a target because Saddam Hussein was allegedly housing weapons of mass destruction.

U.S. troops were sent, Iraq’s government was rebuilt, Saddam Hussein was captured, no weapons, very few terrorists. If the job was to fix Iraq, it seems as though the job is done…so why are U.S. troops still over seas? Why are tax dollars going to support a war effort? What’s with this vendetta? With a crumbling economy and such, shouldn’t the government try to fix its own problems before it tries to fix others?
Don’t get me wrong I enjoy helping people..…

It seems that the nation should try to find a way to fix its own failing economy….with that fixed, it could better help other nations.

But I’m only a teenager, what do I know?……………………and I try my best to be neutral when it comes to politics.

In any case, I’m sure you’ve all heard this a million times before, so my words must sound cliché.…
Oh well, I’m in a bad mood thanks to all the economic research I had to do for my Government class final and I needed to get it out of my system somehow.
Later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha...
politics for the wise.
that's very ironic

I like how you personified politics and religion, very comical and true.