Monday, October 27, 2008

Praying Mantis

Panoramic Vision

“I see you.”

“Oh really? And how can you? I am behind you?”

“Haha, I can see everything”

“No you can’t!”

“Yes I can; I have big green eyes!
No matter where you are, I will see you with my green eyes!”, said the Praying Mantis

That was our discussion; the discussion between the Praying Mantis and Myself
That was our discussion; the discussion that happened over 11 years ago

The peculiar insect held onto the rose branch
As I leaned to the right, those big green eyes turned to follow me
As I leaned to the left, those big green eyes turned to follow me

“Ha if I walk behind him, he won’t turn his neck all away around!” I thought

As I walk behind the peculiar insect, those green eyes were still watching me
Those small pupils were still visible, even from behind his head

“I see you.”

“Really? What if I’m under you?”

“Yep! I can see you there too!”

“How can you?”

“Easily! I have all seeing eyes!
No matter where you are, I will see you with my green eyes!” said the Praying Mantis

That was our discussion; the discussion between the Praying Mantis and Myself
That was our discussion; the discussion that made the Praying Mantis my favorite insect over 11 years ago

1 comment:

Unknown said...

interesting and random...

I felt kinda weird after reading this...but it was a good weird